Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Some Sketches

Nothing too much to talk about as of late; I've been continuing to study digital painting by reading a few books/ watching a few tutorials. I've also been sketching in my sketchbook, drawing more from life than from imagination. Time and again, however, I'll draw up a little doodle of something from my head (even if it's just a scribble) and keep it for later use in--what I hope will be--a short animation test, animatic, or even a student film.

But hey, enough words; here are some sketches!


Above is a thumbnail, isometric sketch of an aisle/ check lane where I work. It's different than most check lanes I see, specifically because the computer is off to the left, as supposed to being next to the scanner. This is the only place where I've seen a set-up like this and, while different, it is still effective.



At one point I decided to go and sketch some figures at a coffee shop. Unfortunately, there were not that many figures. So, I decided to draw the front end where people order, and where the baked goods are so I could work on my perspective skills. It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to do more studies like this.




Lastly, this is just a small robber design I created a few months back. While the silhouette definitely needs improving, I find the design to be kind of fun. I'll probably end up working on him a bit more, in order to develop what his personality is and what he steals.

Until then, ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. Nice sketches, Rachel. I love that little guy on bottom :) dude, that could totally be your simple poly for CA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, he could be! I'd have to figure out what I would have to do with the arms, but I think he would be a good candidate!

      Also, I totally miss you, Victor, and Courtney so very mucho. Just a few weeks left. C:

      Delete